Your HVAC system is one of the most important investments in your home, keeping you comfortable no matter the weather outside. But like all appliances, HVAC systems eventually wear out and need to be replaced.
So how do you know when it’s time to replace your home’s HVAC system? Here are a few signs to look for:
- Your system is more than 15 years old. The average lifespan of a properly installed and maintained HVAC system is 15 to 20 years. If your system is older than that, it’s likely reaching the end of its lifespan.
- Increasing energy consumption. If you’re noticing higher than normal energy bills, it could be a sign that your system is not as efficient as it used to be.
- Your system is making strange noises. If you hear strange noises coming from your HVAC system, it could be a sign of a problem. These noises could be caused by a number of things, including excessive strain on the system and worn-out parts.
- Your system is not cooling or heating your home properly. If your system is running but not maintaining the desired temperatures throughout your home, it’s likely time for an upgrade.
If you’re noticing any of these signs, it’s a good idea to have your HVAC system inspected by a professional. They can assess the condition of your system and let you know whether some basic repairs can solve your issues, or if it’s time to replace it.
Replacing your HVAC system can be a big investment, but it’s important to remember that it’s an investment in your comfort and your energy bills. A new system can save you money in the long run, and it will also provide you with years of comfort.
To help you make your HVAC system replacement more affordable, many reputable companies offer financing options. This way, you can quickly upgrade your system for a low monthly payment. For the average home, a new HVAC system can be financed for less than the cost of your monthly cell phone bill!
Here are some tips for choosing a new HVAC system:
- Get multiple estimates. It’s important to get multiple estimates from different contractors before making a decision. Not only do you want to compare pricing and financing options, but you also want to consider the overall professionalism, communication, and thoroughness of the companies you consider.
- Ask about warranties. Most HVAC systems come with a manufacturer warranty, and many HVAC contractors also include a warranty on their workmanship. Make sure you understand what the warranties cover and how long they last.
- Consider your needs. When choosing a new HVAC system, it’s important to consider your needs. What do you care about most: Pricing? Longevity? Noise? Brand? Appearance? Energy use?
- Choose an energy-efficient system. Energy-efficient HVAC systems can save you money on your energy bills. Look for a system with an Energy Star® label.
Replacing your home’s HVAC system is a big decision, but it’s one that can save you money and improve your comfort. By following these tips, you can choose the right system for your needs and get the most out of your investment.
Want to make sure your next HVAC installation is done correctly, with a proper load calculation? Call Trammell Heating and Air team (770) 925-5506 for fast, reliable, full-service HVAC expertise done right.